APPS THAT HELP RUN A SUCCESSFUL MIDWIFERY BUSINESS
I love doing consultation visits, because many times I am learning just as much from my clients as they are from me! I have an amazing duo in Texas that provided me with some great apps to share with others and started digging more down the rabbit hole what other apps are available to make midwifery business day to day operations easier! Here is a list of some ones I have found and would love in the comments below for other midwives to share apps they have found and how they have helped their midwifery role.
- Call coverage for multiple midwives: OpenPhone (https://www.openphone.co/)
-Great for any midwifery team that wants to share call coverage, have office & midwifery call line easily accessible by entire team, automated set up of forwarding business number to midwifery call number after clinic hours, & SO MUCH MORE!
-Services included: local and toll-free calls, multiple numbers, texting, call transfer, group messaging, call recording, business hours
-Price: $0-25 per line is what most midwives would need
- Best time management tool: Atracker (https://atracker.pro/home.html)
-Time tracking application which is very easy to use and requires minimal setup. On the main screen, you see the complete user defined task list, the overview of today’s time spending and goal progress. You can start/stop time recording simply by tapping a task. It only needs a name and/or icon to setup a unique task, with advanced settings as optional. So you can focus on own work instead of wasting time on mastering the app.
-Price: $0-5 month
- Best receipt scanner app for entrepreneurs: Wave (https://www.waveapps.com/receipts)
-Small businesses and startups, delight. Wave’s free receipt scanner app is an ideal solution for staying on top of your receipts. It automatically and instantaneously syncs with its free, cloud-based accounting software, Wave Accounting. In addition, it enables you to flexibly export your data to your preferred accounting tool, including QuickBooks and more. This feature makes it extremely easy and convenient to work with your budgets.
Note that with this receipt tracker app, there is a two-step process. First, you must upload the image of your receipt. Then, you will be asked to confirm the details to ensure that they were read correctly by the app. The double-check system prevents incorrect data from finding its way into your expense reports.
-Services: also does many other financial services like payroll, invoices, collecting payments, & bookkeeping
-Price: free to $35 month depending plan chosen
- Payroll services: Gusto (https://gusto.com/)
-Gusto gives employees access to self-service portals for payroll- and benefit-related information that’s accessible even after they leave a company, unlike most competitors. It also administers full-service payroll across 50 states and offers phone support.
-Price: $39 month plus $6 per person for the basic package, which includes tax filings and payments.
- Great project management system: Asana (https://asana.com/)
-Asana allows you to assign and track unlimited projects on a dashboard. You can add assignees, due dates and comments to cards. There’s also unlimited file storage for files up to 100MB each, even on the free version.
-Price: $0-25 per month
- Great video conferencing resources: Zoom (https://zoom.us/)
-For growing companies — especially those with remote employees or multiple locations — having access to quality videoconference software and instant messaging platforms can make the whole business run more smoothly and keep everyone in the loop.
-Price: $0-19.99 per month
- Self care app: Gaia (https://www.gaia.com/)
– No matter if you are a seasoned health and wellness enthusiast or just starting to build your own self-care plan, self-care apps will make following your routine feel effortless. Self-care is anything that you intentionally do to improve your physical, mental and emotional health.
-Services: With over 8,000 videos, the Gaia app helps you answer life’s deeper questions with a member-supported media network of conscious living enthusiasts
-Price: $11.99 month
- Great resource for sleep, meditation, & relaxation: Calm (https://www.calm.com/)
– #1 app for Sleep, Meditation and Relaxation, with over 100 million downloads and over 1.5M+ 5-star reviews. We’re honored to be an Apple BEST OF 2018 award winner, Apple’s App of the Year 2017, Google Play Editor’s Choice 2018, and to be named by the Center for Humane Technology as “the world’s happiest app”.
-Price: $0-$69.99 year
- Virtual Personal Trainer: CoPilot (https://mycopilot.com/)
-Services: 1-on-1 fitness coach to help make long-term positive changes for a healthier life
- Great pregnancy tracker for midwives & clients: Pregnancy and Due Date Tracker (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pregnancy-and-due-date-tracker/id1144871267)
-Services: will help clients remain calm throughout your pregnancy. This guide will always keep you informed about the processes taking place in your body, the development of your baby and the things that matter the most to you now. Every time you feel puzzled and don’t know how to act in an unfamiliar situation, start this app to find answers to your questions.
-Price: $0-1.99 month